Saturday, February 02, 2013

Trying to get back to the blog... Seriously.

It's been a while, I know.

And frankly, I thought I should post something so people wouldn't think that I've left this site to wither and decay in the Hinterland of cyberspace.

I've been busy with work, writing and music the past few months, but not too busy to throw together an entry. I really have no excuse.

So, today I thought I would grace the page with a couple of videos. Maybe next week, I can sample some of the humor (comedy bits and jokes) I've been writing to add to The Old 21's stage show or sell freelance.

I am currently participating in the February Album Writing Month program (FAWM); an online community of songwriters who attempt to pen 14 numbers through the 28 days of the month. I've got one so far called "There's Trouble Inside."


In all honesty, it's an early draft. My songs tend to develop over time while they are performed with my drumming compadre, Lorne Frape, and live on stage.

Like this one, for example; "Dream Come True." It's a song I wrote for my bride a year and a half ago. It is now played at every gig, alongside another ("Rock in the Distance") that is not yet on video.

I apologize for the shirt. I was a slow, relaxing Sunday evening.


More videos and recordings of The Old 21's original work will follow, alongside my continued attempt at completing my FAWM goals.

For now, I have fulfilled my obligations to This Attempted Life for the first time in months. Time for a coffee.

 

No comments: